What if you could analyze cells, bacteria and particles? Fully automatically and in real time?
We thought about it – and we called it ODIN.
INNOVATION FOR SCIENCE.
Observe. Detect. INvestigate.
ODIN is a new generation machine vision system specifically designed to the requirements of modern science. It offers state-of-the-art imaging combined with powerful and easy-to-use analysis and control software. Due to the real-time data processing at up to 10000 frames per second it is easy to control and automate experiments as well as equipment with the highest temporal resolution and precision. With our software you can do standard analyses such as dead and live cell counting as well as the analysis of unknown samples and configure the control of your experiment based on the analysis results in an instant. ODIN can do various tasks in an experiment, for example, analyze objects that move through the image field or track their position with highest precision. A few selected application fields are for example:
ODIN combines a fast and sensitive camera with a high-performance processor system and smart analysis algorithms in a single device.
A standard C-mount allows easy integration in experiments and the use of common microrscopes and optics.
ODIN works completely autonomously and offers a user-friendly and feature-rich graphical user interface.
Observe, analyse, control and document your experiment with ODIN.
ODIN works extremely fast and precise
It works at up to 10000 images per second and evaluates them fully automatic and in real time.
ODIN doesn’t need buffering and thus allows a direct response to the measurement result.
It analyzes each individual image in a breathtaking time of only 200 microseconds and controls external systems with a precision better than 10 nanoseconds.
ODIN handles all tasks in the process, detection, analysis and sorting in a continuous workflow.
ODIN analyzes objects for all visible properties such as size, shape, granularity, perimeter, position, velocity, etc.
ODIN runs smart algorithms, for example to stabilize the background fully automatically to make a measurement independent of illumination effects.
ODIN offers a complete analysis interface, which enables you to easily characterize completely unknown samples in seconds. For instance to find relevant parameters for sorting.
ODIN is designed to be so user-friendly that it can be integrated into experiments within a few minutes and can also be configured in no time to solve the measurement and control task.
One software for all situations
ODIN offers a user-friendly and feature-rich graphical user-interface:
- Observation: An absolutely latency free live image with all possible settings a modern camera system has to have.
- Analysis: The possibility to plot all analysis parameters freely selectable against each other while showing the underlying images and their properties.
- Control: Mark with a simple mouse click in the graph what you are looking for and ODIN programs itself.
The applications for ODIN are countless.Just contact us and we will develop a solution for your project.
Some technical key facts of ODIN:
- 210 fps @ 1280×1024 px, monochrome, 10bit color depth
- up to 10000 fps @ 400×32 px, monochrome, 10bit color depth
- sensitive in wavelength range 300-1000 nm, 550nm peak @ 54% quantum efficiency
- 2 freely selectable readout regions simultaneously
- automatic and dynamic background subtraction for optimized signal-to-noise ratio and measurement robustness
- real-time analysis of parameters like: Size, velocity, position, granularity, circumference, etc.
- real-time tracking of up to 8 objects/particles simultaneously @ up to 10000 fps and 0.01 px precision (separate software module)
- two freely programmable and independent triggers (3.3V TTL)
- latency between image capturing and analysis result <200 microseconds
- control with precision <10 nanoseconds
- easy graphical programming by region marking in plots